Thursday, August 27, 2009

No more diapers?

As the mother of an infant, diapers are always on my mind. Or in my hand. We've gone through different systems over the years, bouncing back and forth between cloth and disposable, wraps and pull on pants, all in ones and homemade felted wool covers.


















This time around Avery is in on the action, too. He's a champion diaper changer (and fetcher from the laundry liner, too!). But here's his idea, better than disposables or washable cloth diapers:
A Baby Bidet! Perfect, right? Oh, wait, you can't quite picture it?
Imagine a softish vinyl or plastic "diaper" (maybe Crocs material?) with two hose attachments. When the baby messes, or just needs a clean-up, you attach the "in" hose to the sink faucet (or a water bottle if you're out) and the diaper, and you attach the "out" hose and hold it over the toilet. Picture it now?
Brilliant, eh?
You may say it's not practical. Call it the wishful dreaming of a 9 year old boy, but I say he's not the only one dreaming of a day without diapers going to the landfill OR the washing machine. And, you know, I think it's pretty cool that I even have a 9 year old boy who THINKS about diapers, you know?
And if I see this in the One Step Ahead catalog alongside the silly changing table pee-guard, at least I hope the credit goes to the right kid, okay? (And if anyone buys it, well... all parents start out as silly first timers....)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You had me at the title. Tell Avery I'll be the first to buy it and I am no first timer! Sounds great to me.

Jennifer said...

Hey! My gmail is down but I want to invite you to pick pears with with Alena and I this afternoon about 3:30. Their free and in Naches. Can you come??????? :)

Heather said...

I just found your website, and it is now on my daily reading list!

I love the fact that you have a 9 year old with that kind of a great mind. watch out, he probably has a pretty big entrepreneur future ahead of him ;0

yalisha case said...

Ah, thanks Heather! He is quite the schemer, planner, inventor, and negotiator! Those are all pretty good skills for an entrepeneur, right?